At the Pennsylvania SPCA, we know vaccines are a crucial part of your pet’s health and well being, but can sometimes be a financial burden to pet owners. That’s why we offer Low Cost Vaccine Clinics – we want your pet to stay healthy and don’t believe preventative care should cost an arm and a leg.
When: Low Cost Vaccine Clinics are offered every Wednesday and Saturday of each month from 9am to 3pm. No appointment is necessary.
Where: The Pennsylvania SPCA Clinic located at 350 E. Erie Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19134.
During our Low Cost Vaccine Clinics, you may have your pet or pets vaccinated without paying an exam fee. In addition, vaccine prices are packaged and greatly reduced. Other services are also available for a reduced cost; see complete list of options and pricing below:
Core Vaccines (Distemper and/or Rabies) – $30 for one or both
- Distemper vaccines prevent multiple deadly viruses, including parvo virus, and are necessity for every dog and cat. We recommended you begin vaccinating your puppy or kitten as early as six (6) weeks and no later than eight (8) weeks of age. Puppies and kittens require a series of vaccines to achieve full immunity.
- Rabies vaccines are required by law.
Non-Core Vaccines – $30 each
- Bordetella – Dogs only, generally required for boarding and grooming.
- Influenza – Dogs only, sometimes required for boarding and grooming.
- Lyme - Dogs only, recommended for dogs exposed to ticks.
Deworming – $10
Oral dewormer is used to eliminate hookworms and roundworms and is recommended to be repeated two to three weeks after the initial dose . Depending on your pet’s needs, other antiparasitics are available at an additional cost.
Microchip – $10
Microchipping is a permanent means of identification for your pet. A microchip is about the size of a grain of rice and is encoded with a number. That number is registered to the pet owner for a minimal fee. The chip is easily inserted under your pet’s skin with little or no discomfort. By microchipping your pet, you greatly increase your chance of having him or her returned to you if lost.