SAVE AN ANIMAL'S LIFE!
Community Service Program
PSPCA volunteers come to us in a variety of ways. If you need to complete service hours ordered by the court, we welcome you to apply to our Community Service Program.
**Please note, this page is not for individuals 18 and over looking to complete community service for academic or company credit. This page is for individuals who need to complete service hours for court only. To complete hours for your school or employer, click here.
Completing Service with the PSPCA
Community Service volunteers complete a range of activities essential to our organization: washing dishes and laundry, building cat litter boxes, sorting donations, and more. These tasks are vital to our every day success and build our capacity to do more.
Requirements to Apply
To become part of our Community Service Program, we require the following:
- Your charge is non-violent;
- Your charge does not involve animal, domestic, or sexual assault;
- You are willing to complete a minimum of 20 service hours, regardless of your hour requirement;
- You can attend a short training that does not count towards your hours; and
- You can commit to a weekly schedule, determined during training, to complete your hours.
Before completing an application, please note we do not accept incomplete applications. If you fail to disclose your charge, service hours needed, or hours due date, your application will be considered incomplete. Please also note that the turnaround for application review is approximately 1 – 2 weeks; please give yourself plenty of time.
Ready to become part of our Program? Click here!