SAVE AN ANIMAL'S LIFE!
Community Service Program
Here at the Pennsylvania SPCA, we understand that volunteers come to us in many ways. If you are looking to complete your court-ordered service, we welcome you to apply to our organization through our Community Service Program.
**Please note, this page is not for individuals 18 and over looking to complete community service for academic or company credit. This page is for individuals who need to complete service hours for court only. To complete hours for your school or employer, click here.**
Completing Service with the PSPCA
Volunteers in the Community Service Program take part in activities essential to the PSPCA’s continued success: washing dishes and laundry, building cat litter boxes, sorting donations, and more. These activities help our Shelter run every day and build our capacity to save more lives.
Requirements to Apply
To become part of our Community Service Program, we require the following:
- Your charge is non-violent;
- Your charge does not involve animal, domestic, or sexual assault;
- You are willing to complete a minimum of 20 service hours, regardless of your hour requirement;
- You can attend a short training that does not count towards your hours; and
- You can commit to a weekly schedule, determined during training, to complete your hours.
Before submitting an application, please note we do not accept incomplete applications. If you do not disclose your charge, service hours needed, and hours due date, your application will be considered incomplete. Please also note that there is a week-long turnaround time for applications; please give yourself plenty of time to apply, have your application reviewed, train with us, and complete your hours.
Ready to apply? Click here!